SE Sundsvall 1 – Sundsvall, Sweden
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage job safety analysis and safety inspection programs.
- Conducts periodic on-site facility audits to check for compliance with guidelines.
- Strong knowledge of Swedish regulatory requirements, must have familiarity with environmental and DOT regulations.
- Meets with inspectors should they visit the site.
- Manages the Emergency Action Plan and drills.
- Investigates the root causes of accidents and prepares reports with the findings and corrective actions.
- Prepares and administers the safety training and incentive programs.
- Leads safety meetings and acts as a resource for the group.
- Evaluates the organization’s exposure to environmental and safety hazards through inspections and monitoring of the facility.
- Ensures compliance with organization, federal, and state regulations.
- Manages reporting of incidents, leads investigations, and develops action plans to correct issues.
- Coordinates the organization’s health and safety training programs and maintains Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Conducts behavioral based safety training.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education/Experience- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor of Science in Occupational Safety and Health, Bachelor of Engineering, Business Administration, related field, or equivalent experience required
- At least five years of relevant experience
- Experience working in a high temperature environment
Vision: Normal Required
Hearing: Normal Required
Reaching/Stretching: Normal Required
Standing/Walking/Mobility: Normal Required
Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Normal Required
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Normal Required
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Normal Required
Capable of lifting 50 lbs on a periodic basis
This individual works in a multi-level industrial environment requiring work in high precarious places via ladders and steps inside and outside the plant in all types of weather conditions. This individual is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and some hazardous chemicals. The plant utilizes high levels of electricity and individuals have to be safety minded in all activities. The work environment is dusty.
Moderate – Industrial noise levels characteristic of moving mechanical equipment.
E/O/E AA Employer M/F V/D